Open Box Delivery is a service from Flipkart which ensures that you only receive what you ordered. Under this unique service, the delivery executive will open the package in front of you at the time of delivery. Both outside box as well as the brand package. This means the packaging is done by Flipkart and the packaging is done by the brand. If the product you ordered is missing, damaged, or different from what you ordered, the delivery executive will take back the package, and you will get a refund immediately.
How Does Flipkart Open Box Delivery Work?
- Add the product to the cart (only high-value items like mobiles and laptops of select brands, as well as most large appliances, are supported).
- Enter the delivery address.
- If Open Box Delivery applies to your item and is available at your PIN code, you will be shown a notification on your checkout page as you place your order on the Flipkart app or website.
- You’ll get a pop-up about the Open Box Delivery. Click on ‘Accept and Continue’.
- Complete the payment.
- When it is time for your order to be delivered, you will receive a text message (SMS) to your registered mobile number from Flipkart. This message will contain your order’s details, delivery status, and instructions. You can also check this on your order details page.
- Once the product arrives at your doorstep, the delivery partner will request your consent to make an Open Box Delivery.
- If you opted for Cash-on-delivery, you need to do the payment first, and then the delivery executive will initiate the Open Box Delivery process.
- The delivery partner will open the primary as well as secondary packaging of the product in front of you, and you’ll have to check the order for any physical damage or missing items or wrong product.
- Post verification, share the OTP sent by Flipkart with the delivery executive.
- The delivery partner will pack the product back in the box after delivery confirmation and hand it over to you.
If the ordered product is not intact, damaged, or it is the wrong product, you need to hand over it to the delivery executive. The refund will be initiated immediately. In case of Cash on delivery, cash will be refunded immediately by the delivery executive. In the case of prepaid, the money will be credited within two business days to the payment option you have opted for at the time of ordering the product.
Flipkart Open Box Delivery now supports majority of pin codes. You can reject the product on spot in case of any damages or missing items.@Flipkart #FlipkartAtYourService #Flipkart pic.twitter.com/2tHGIoHa70— Satwik (@Satwik680) June 10, 2022
Flipkart Open Box Delivery Pincodes
Flipkart has not mentioned anything about pin codes on its website. If your order is eligible for OBD, you will get an option to select ‘Open Box Delivery’ on the checkout page. Flipkart is rapidly expanding Open Box Delivery, which will be rolled out to most cities and villages across India in the coming days.
Is Open Box Delivery Free?
Yes. the Flipkart Open Box Delivery is free, and you need not to pay anything.
Things to remember
- Open Box Delivery is a free service.
- This service is currently available for select pin codes in India
- The Open Box Delivery is available both for Cash on Delivery (COD) and Prepaid orders.
- If the customer opts for COD, then card of delivery and digital payments like UPI, etc, will not be available at the doorstep, and Contactless payment flow will also not be available for the Open Box Delivery orders.
- You should always complete the payment before availing of Open box Delivery.
- All the other payment modes except Card on Delivery are available along with Open Box Delivery orders.
- Return requests for Missing, Damaged, or wrong-shipment will not be accepted once Open Box Delivery is completed.
- The working condition of the product will not be checked during the Open Box Delivery. You can only check for damages, missing items, or wrong items.
- You can only get a refund in case the product is deemed not acceptable. There is no replacement, and you need to place a new order.
- If you find the device defective (such as a Software issue etc.) after turning it on, contact Flipkart support for replacement or refund as per the returns policy.
- Check out this link for complete terms and conditions.