Today, Samsung introduced the debut of Blood Pressure and Electrocardiogram (ECG) tracking functionalities for the Galaxy Watch 6 series in India via an Over-the-air (OTA) update. This marks the first time these features are available in the country. With the inclusion of BP and ECG tracking on the Galaxy Watch 6 series, users now have the convenience of monitoring their health, supporting their fitness routines, and facilitating regular health checkups.
The Galaxy Watch incorporates a Photoplethysmogram (PPG) sensor, enabling the recording of systolic and diastolic pressure, pulse rate, and storing the data in the Samsung Health Monitor app. The BP and ECG tracking features are accessible to users through the Samsung Health Monitor App, as both functionalities have obtained regulatory clearances and certifications from India’s Central Drugs Standard Control Organization.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 users can easily download the Samsung Health Monitor App from the Galaxy Store and follow straightforward instructions to measure their BP and ECG. Furthermore, these features will also be extended to the Galaxy Watch4 and Watch5 series.
How to Measure Blood Pressure Using Galaxy Watch 6
- Install the Samsung Health Monitor App on both your Galaxy Watch and Galaxy smartphone.
- Follow the calibration instructions provided in the Samsung Health Monitor app to accurately calibrate your Galaxy Watch.
- Wear your Galaxy Watch on the same wrist as during the calibration process, ensuring the strap is snug, and proceed to measure your blood pressure.
- Review the recorded blood pressure measurements within the app for comprehensive insights into your health.
How to Measure ECG Using Galaxy Watch 6
- Establish a connection between your Galaxy Watch and Galaxy smartphone by pairing them.
- Wear the Galaxy Watch securely on your wrist.
- Access the Samsung Health Monitor app on your Galaxy Watch.
- For an ECG reading, gently rest the fingertip of your opposite hand on the top button of the Galaxy Watch for 30 seconds.
- The ECG data automatically synchronizes with the paired Galaxy smartphone, generating a PDF report. Additionally, you have the option to share the ECG data directly from the app.