Asus is looking for users to test the Android Pie Beta update on its recently launched Zenfone Max Pro M2. Under this program, enrolled users will receive the Android Pie Beta firmware and earlier than normal users. The major goal of this program is to take the feedback from the Beta users and slash the bugs before the Stable roll out.
As it’s a Beta update there may be some bugs and may also include some system stability issues. So it’s not recommended to install it on your Primary device. Asus has also confirmed that it will not provide downgrade service for beta testers unless beta power users encounter serious bugs or would like to quit the beta power user program.
How to Enroll for Beta Testing
- Go to official Asus Beta Portal – asus.in/beta-testing/
- Read and Agree on the Terms and Conditions
- Select Enroll
- Read the Instruction and tap on Proceed
- Fill the Application form with correct information such as Name, Email ID, Device serial number etc.
- You will receive a reply from Asus team once the team selects you for Beta Power User Program based on application screening
- You will then receive an email with beta firmware link and how to install it on your device
- Read the document carefully and Install the Beta firmware on your Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Share your feedback and Report bugs to Asus team
Things to Remember
- This program is only for Zenfone Max Pro M2 users
- Beta testing is confidential and sharing the information during the beta testing period is not allowed
- There could be unexpected data loss during the Beta programOnly some Beta firmware can be downgraded to a certain version
- If you downgrade the software, certain applications will have an error and there can be complete data loss
- You should take the complete backup of your device before installing the Beta software
- Some generic features on Android Pie may be missing during the initial release and which will be upgraded gradually
- AI scene detection will be added in the future updates
- The warranty is no longer valid if you root the device