Asus announces Android Pie Beta Power User Program for Zenfone Max Pro M1 users in India. Under this Beta program, enrolled users will get access to Android Pie update earlier than normal users. The major goal of this program is to take the feedback and slash the bugs before the Stable roll out.
Make a note that, the beta software updates are sometimes not as stable as official Software updates and may contain some bugs. There may be some stability issues also. So it’s not recommended to install it on your primary device. Asus has also confirmed that it will not provide downgrade service for beta power users unless they would like to quit the beta user program.
How to Enroll for Beta Testing
- Go to official Asus Beta Portal – asus.in/Beta-Power-User-Program/Max-Pro-M1/
- Read and Agree on the Terms and Conditions
- Select Enroll
- Read the Instruction and tap on Proceed
- Fill the Application form with correct information such as Name, Email ID, Device serial number etc.
- You will receive a reply from Asus team once the team selects you for Beta Power User Program based on application screening
- You will then receive an email with beta firmware link and how to install it on your device
- Read the document carefully and Install the Beta firmware on your Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Share your feedback and bug report bugs with the Asus team
Things to Remember
- This program is for Zenfone Max Pro M1 users only
- Beta testing is confidential and sharing the information during the beta testing period is not allowed
- There could be unexpected data loss during the Beta program
- Only some Beta firmware can be downgraded to a certain version
- If you downgrade the software, certain applications will have an error and there can be complete data loss
- You should take the complete backup of your device before installing the Beta software
- Some generic features on Android Pie may be missing during the initial release and which will be upgraded gradually
- If your device is found rooted or your bootloader is unlocked your device won’t be covered under warranty
- You shouldn’t share the update file with users who haven’t registered for this Program