Asus has launched world’s first Tango-enabled and Daydream-ready smartphone Zenfone AR in India. The Google-powered Tango technology consists a set of sensors and computer vision software that gives the ability to understand space and motion. For example, it helps you to take room measurements and place virtual furniture, so you can see how well a sofa fits without doing any heavy lifting. Tango adds motion tracking, depth perception, and area learning capabilities to Zenfone AR, so it can understand its motion as it moves through an area, detect how far away it is from the floor, walls, and objects, and remember the key visual features of a physical space in a 3D space. Asus Zenfone AR is also fully compatible with Google Daydream View VR headset lets you experience concerts, sport, museums and more in full 360-degree panoramic view.
This smartphone features a 5.7″ Super AMOLED display and powered by the specially optimized Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 processor with whopping 8GB of RAM. The Quick charge 3.0 powered 3300mAh battery is non-removable and can charge the device from 0 to 60% in 39 minutes. It’s a Dual SIM 4G device features a Hybrid SIM tray and supports microSD up to 2TB. It offers an internal memory of 128GB and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with ASUS ZenUI 3.0 on top. For better audio experience Asus has also incorporated a new dual five-magnet speaker that driven by the powerful NXP Smart AMP.
Coming to the camera, it is equipped with the TriCam system consisting of three rear cameras – A motion tracking, depth sensing, and high-resolution 23MP camera that enables the phone to a create a three-dimensional model of its surroundings and track its motion. The 23MP rear camera supports 0.03 seconds TriTech autofocus with subject tracking and also supports OIS, EIS & 4K video recording at 30 fps. At the front, the 8MP camera for selfies that supports screen flash. For connectivity, it includes a USB Type-C port, 3.5mm Audio port, WiFi ac, GPS, Bluetooth, and VoLTE. It also supports display out through USB Type-C port.
The Asus Zenfone AR is sold in Black color and exclusively available via Flipkart at ₹ 49,999 starting July 13, 2017, at 4 PM. Asus has partnered with Reliance Jio to offer up to 100GB of additional 4G data along with the complimentary Jio Prime subscription. Flipkart is also offering ₹ 2,500 off on Google Daydream View VR headset along with the purchase of this smartphone. Additionally, the consumer can avail no cost EMI offer up to 9 months.
Asus Zenfone AR (ZS571KL) Specifications
- 5.7″ Super AMOLED Display, 2560 x 1440 Pixels
- Bluelight Filter, Oleophobic Coating
- Google Tango and Daydream Support
- Fingerprint Scanner, Gorilla Glass 4
- 2.35GHz Snapdragon 821 Processor, Quad-core
- 8GB RAM, Adreno 530 GPU
- 128GB Storage, UFS 2.0
- microSD Support up to 2TB
- Android 7.0 Nougat with ASUS ZenUI 3.0
- 23MP Rear Camera, f/2.0, Dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, PDAF
- 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0, Screen Flash
- Video Recording – 4K, Time Lapse, Slow-motion
- 3300mAh Battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Nano + Nano/microSD
- 4G LTE, TDD Band 40, VoLTE
- Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi ac with MIMO (5GHz)
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDSS
- 5-magnet Speaker with NXP Smart Amp
- DTS Headphone:X Support
- Dual Microphones, Hi-Res Audio
- USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – Accelerator, E-Compass, Gyro, Proximity, Hall, Light, RGB, Barometer
- Dimensions (HxWxT) – 158.7 x 77.4 x 8.9 mm
- Weight – 170g
- Color – Black
- Price – ₹ 49,999
- In the Box – Handset, ZenEar S with Mic, USB Type-C Cable, Adapter, Ejector Pin, Manual