Along with the new MacBook Air with Retina display, Apple also announces a new iPad Pro. Compared to the previous generation Pads, Apple has made a significant changes to new iPad’s design as well major charges to its hardware. The all new iPad Pro comes in two sizes – 11-inch and 12.9-inch. Apart from the thinner bezels, the major addition the new iPro Pro is the addition of FaceID, the same one which was introduced with iPhone X. The best part of the FaceID is it works flawlessly even it is placed horizontally.
In the design part, the new Apple iPad Pro has is Liquid Retina Display (same as the one which is introduced with iPhone XR) with slimmer bezels around all the sides. It has an all-metal unibody construction with four speaker grills – 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. For the first time Apple has replaced the Lightning Connector with the Type-C Connector on the iPad and also ships with 18W adapter for faster charging. Another key highlight of the iPad is it can also be used to charge an iPhone. Coming to the performance, the new Apple iPad Pro is powered by an Apple’s A12X Bionic processor, which has an eight-core processor and a seven-core GPU. According to Apple, the SoC has a 35% faster single-core performance and 90% faster multi-core performance compared to previous generation iPad Pro.
Along with the new iPad Pro, Apple has also introduced a new optional accessory called Apple Pencil 2. It has a built-in touch sensor that detects taps and helps to interact with the iPad using Gestures. The Apple Pencil can be magnetically attached to the iPad Pro and it charges wirelessly when connected.
Apple iPad Pro Features
- Edge-to-Edge Liquid Retina Display
- FaceID with TrueDepth camera
- True Tone and anti-reflective coating for a natural, accurate viewing experience
- ProMotion technology – Automatically adjusts the display refresh rate up to 120Hz for ultra-smooth scrolling
- Next-generation Neural Engine for advanced machine learning capabilities
- Gigabit-class LTE
- 10-hour battery life
- 7MP TrueDepth Camera – Portrait mode, Portrait Lighting, Animoji and Memoji
- Support for the next generation of AR apps – Measure the reflection on real-world objects, navigating buildings in 3D etc.
- USB Type-C port – Charging, High speed USB 3.1 Gen. 2, Connect displays up to 5K
The new 11-inch and 12.9-inch Apple iPad Pro will be available in Silver & Space Grey colors with four storage options to choose from – 64GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB. The 11-inch iPad Pro with WiFi starts at ₹71,900 and the Cellular variant at ₹85,900. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro with WiFi starts at ₹89,900 and the cellular variant starts at ₹1,03,900. Regarding the accessories, the Apple Pencil 2 is priced at ₹10,900, Smart Keyboard Folio (11-inch) at ₹15,900 and Smart Keyboard Folio (12-inch) at ₹17,900. The new Smart Folio for iPad Pro polyurethane folio design, will be available in a variety of colours for ₹7,500 for the 11-inch iPad Pro and ₹9,900 for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. All iPad Pro variants including all the accessories will be available to purchase through Apple Authorised Resellers. There is no 3.5mm Audio Jack on new iPad Pro. So, you’ll have to use either a Type-C headphones or buy a Type-C to 3.5mm Audio Jack converter separately.
New iPad Pro Full Specs
- 11-inch Liquid Retina Display, 2388 x 1668 Pixels – 11-inch iPad
- 12.9-inch Liquid Retina Display, 2732 x 2048 Pixels – 12.9-inch iPad
- ProMotion Technology, Wide-color Display (P3), True Tone Display
- 600 nits Brightness, Antireflective Coating, iOS 12
- A12X Bionic Chip, 64-bit, Neural Engine, Embedded M12 Coprocessor
- 12MP Rear Camera, f/1.8, 5X Digital Zoom, Quad-LED True Tone Flash, 4K Video Recording, Time-lapse, Slow-motion, Cinematic Video Stabilization
- 7MP TrueDepth Camera, f/2.2, Retina Flash
- Four speakers, Five Microphones
- Digital Compass, iBeacon Microlocation, Three-axis Gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient Light Sensor
- Assisted GPS, GLENS, Galileo, and QZSS (Cellular models only)
- Apple Pay Support
- Built-in 29.37-watt-hour Li-poly Battery (11-inch iPad Pro)
- Built-in 36.71-watt-hour Li-poly Battery (12.9 -inch iPad Pro)
- USB Type-C Port
- Available in WiFi Only or Cellular + WiFi Variants, Nano SIM, eSIM
- Bluetooth 5.0,WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- In the Box – iPad Pro, USB-C Charge Cable (1 meter), 18W USB-C Power Adapter